Monday, January 12, 2009

Short Trip to Kuala Terengganu

If not I mistaken, it is 3rd time i went to Kuala Terengganu. My first visit was in year 2003. I join trip that organized by Muslim Student Society which cover Kelantan and Terengganu. Second time is on last March which general election just over. We went there to pick our officemate since she was going back to her hometown in Marang for vote. So many people, maybe going back to hometown fulfill their responsibilty as voter. We just only stop there for an hour only and Kedai Payang is destination haven those looking for kain songket and batik . Then we headed back to south for lodging and site visit at Dungun.

I'm come back again to Kuala Terengganu this time. Just to send report and presentation copy to Wisma Negeri. Kuala Terengganu has been surrounded with flags and poster of candidates. Also miniature like helicopter attracting the voter to choose and support their candidates.

But unlucky for me, rain began to fall down as I arrived at KT bus stand. The bus stand location is quite strategic because center of the town. From bus stand I heading to the new renovate Masjid Abidin@Masjid Putih, 5 minutes walking.

After Subuh prayer, I'm looking places for my breakfast. Yes, Nasi Dagang is menu of the day. The day still glooming in the dark, I just have seat and waiting for rain stop. Then, a man a.k.a. teksi sapu driver came beside me and have chit chat. Politics - probably most subject we talking about. Then he took me to Wisma Negeri with his Proton Wira. The charge are irreasonable for a 2km trip is RM5. Whatever.

After I send the thing, the rain begin to stop. I went down to the street and have a some walk. From Wisma Negeri to Istana Maziah (located next to Masjid Abidin) and have sight seeing towards grand building of royal palace architectural with Bukit Puteri on lying on the background. It recalls me about shot that be taken by myself on 2003. After stop by at the garden next to the palace, I walked Jalan Sultan Zainal Abidin. As I passing by Bazar Warisan, I saw the wakaf. The pyramid roof wakaf is decorated with fine local Malay woodcraft. Unlucky for me again, my Coolpix is out of battery.

My next destination is Kedai Payang. Kedai Payang is combination wet and dry market. Same as Pasar Besar Siti Khadijah at Kota Bharu. Shopping haven for local goods and foods.
I want to buy a batik shirt but my money is insuffiecient. Hopefully, one day I will come back to buy some goods there....

No comments: