Sunday, December 6, 2009

Keep In Touch Unless You Want To Let It Go

It is about me and sketching. The last time I getting serious with my sketches was about 3 years ago. And some people like it and requesting to give some little sketch to their work until my own work/project get abandoned. Never, it's already part of my history. Like lyrics in The Beatles' song - Let It Be.

It was my past......

When I graduate, my work more on using Autocad, Photoshop and Sketchup. I've learned myself and some guide from others. Then I skilled myself with 3D rendering software -Kerkythea. Producing good perspective although a lot of time has consumed put me in joy of satisfaction. Plus, the client unofficially announced our landscape project work will be a benchmark for their future development. Thanks to my office mate struggling day and night working together for the project.

Get back with pencils, artline and butter paper.......

It begins several month ago when my office keep busy with local Landscape Master Plan. Thick report with unnecessary text and lack of graphic sketches. We hired a freelancer to get done with sketches while all of us concentrating in editing. And we still didn't get enough sketches to compile it. My boss who earlier doesn't want my sketches to include in asked me finally. When I looked it several times, I've felt lost my touch in sketching. Luckily, during discussion we presented to the client and they gives thumb up on it.
Since then.......

I keep practicing and it's true - 'Practicing makes perfect'. From day to day, my sketches getting better. Every day, I'll sketch as many as possible to keep in touch with my skill. Once you've lost, it's hard to get back. It's truly happened to my colleague. For two and half years with no butter paper, artline, rotring and whatever, she lost her touch. Her work totally depend on computer-aid technologies. But thanks a lot to put me in state of sketching once again.

To my studio mate - Keep In Touch Unless You Want To Let It Go......





1 comment:

Mohammad Al-Aiman said...

yeah
rindu nk tgk hang nyer sketches
plus
ak pun skrg tgh blajaq lg
blajaq, blajaq dan terus blajaq
=)